Maureen's Musings

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

new beginnings

I thought I would have started back to writing after my arrival in the States last June but…….. Each time I wanted to share what was going with my life, there just seemed to be so many things I wanted to say. I felt that I had to start from the beginning of my life in the States and I was intimidated by the task. Week after week passed and the stories I wanted to share seem to be old news and so my blogs never were written.

Well, the New Year has arrived, so I am determined to leave last year behind and start anew. Before I do, I just want to ask you to praise and thank the Lord with me for guiding, protecting and leading us and finally, bringing us here to Albany, Texas. I believe Anthony has kept you all up to date about our travels and our time in Alabama. I praise God for the wonderful people (His people) that He has sent to bless our lives along the way. Thank you!

Well, here goes my first blog in 2007! I made some curry puffs (kind of a meat and potato patties with a curry flavor) for the church New Year’s Eve get together. I was using a pastry cutter to cut round shapes out of the pastry dough thinking that I would have uniform curry puffs! But I was mistaken. Though the dough was cut evenly, by the time I put the fillings in and shaped them, every one was different. Some were “prettier” than others and some were not so nice looking, but they were all basically the same – same pastry and filling. They will taste the same and I was not going to discard them just because they were not so pretty. As I looked at them, it reminded me that we are all similar to those pieces of pastry. God made each of us in his own image and yet we are different. Some are pretty and others are plain. Some are born with a silver spoon in their mouth and for others, life is just hard. Some are good and faithful and others, they just seem to mess up all the time. Nevertheless, God still loves every one of us the same, despite our differences and He will never consider anyone worthy of being discarded. I praise and thank Him for accepting us as we are.

By the way, Jonathan and Jeremy were very excited that I made those curry puffs as they really enjoy them, especially Jonathan, and they reminded him of our time in Togo when I made them often.

Happy New Year and May God bless you richly and your walk with Him be ever more intimate.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:34 PM, Blogger Greg Bailey said…

    Hey Maureen,

    I'm up for trying anything you cook, no matter if it's pretty or not! Looking forward to seeing you al this weekend.
    ----Greg

     
  • At 8:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm SO glad you've started back blogging again, Maureen and hope you'll be able to stay with it for a while that things will ease up for you a bit as you settle in there in Albany.

    Tom and I were there last summer visiting the Museum and really enjoyed our afternoon in Albany, seeing the video at the museum about the history of that area and all. Quite fun.

    Welcome back, girl!

     
  • At 7:37 PM, Blogger Sandi said…

    Yea, Maureen! I can totally relate to the blogging blahs -- when you wait too long to write and then it feels like there's no where to even begin. That's happened to me several times.

    I enjoy reading your thoughts and about the things that happen to you. May God bless your family in your new life in Albany! Welcome back!

     
  • At 3:44 PM, Blogger Jenna Bunner said…

    I love your cooking parables!
    I also just love your cooking! :)
    I wish I could be there for your West Texas West African get-together. Please post on it and share the fun!
    Love you...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home