Maureen's Musings

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Winter Mornings

In my last post, I mentioned that Jeremy and I had planned to walk to school. We did that for a couple of times but the weather has not been very accommodating. It had either been raining or it was just too cold.

Anyway, last Monday I decided that we needed to resume our walk to school. Jeremy protested and said that it was still too cold. He really did not like the exercise and had gotten used to the ride to school or so I thought.

I asked Anthony what the temperature was and was told that it was in the low 30s. So I told Jeremy that if we bundled up, we could make the walk to school and added that we would get warm once we started walking. After some fussing from him, we were out of the door. We walked to the front of the house when Jeremy said that he wanted his scarf so we went back into the house. With the scarf round his neck and mouth, we set off again. It was cold and Jeremy was complaining, but I was determined to walk. He fussed a little but went along with my decision. This time we walked to the first intersection (3 houses down the road) and crossed it. By then, I had to admit that with the wind blowing, it was getting just too cold. We were sniffing and there were “tears” in our eyes. I looked at Jeremy and told him that he was right and I was wrong and that t was just too cold to walk. He smiled and we laughingly returned to the house. I got the car keys and we drove happily to school. When I came back, Anthony said that the wind chill was about 12 degree!

That incident started me thinking about what a privilege it is to be accepted and be able to admit that I am wrong. I make mistakes in my judgments. I am not perfect and never will be till my Lord changes me. But it is OK. I can change and move on to do what is right. My son accepted me and loved me anyway. I praise and thank God for accepting us as we are and for being so patient with us even in our stubborn ways. May we continue to learn and change to become the “Image of His Son”. Have a GREAT WEEK!

 

 

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home